Anatomy & Physiology Project
Professor: Dr. Xavier, M.D.
There is nothing more relevant than the study of anatomy (the structure of the human body) and physiology (the function). The Human Body is made of Atoms, Molecules, Macromolecules, Organelles, Cells, Tissues, Organs, Organ Systems that has to work together in order to keep you as an Organism, alive and well. This project is intended to increase involvement and understanding on the subject matter. Jump In and Get Started!
Selecting Your Topics:
There are wide array of Anatomy and Physiology Topics to pick from. These projects are broken up into 2 Parts. There are 3 Major Project Presentations, which are individual, and there are 3 Mini Project Presentation that you would be responsible for, where you will be working in student selected group. Additionally, it is recommended that you devise a group contract (see the sample on this website) and submit it to me. Once topics are seleted.
Each group will sign up for one of the following systems.
Note: Only the individuals or groups who select these topics would be able to do the selected systems/topics chosen. Once another group has signed up you may NOT do that system unless a[[roved by the Professor.
!. Endocrine System
- Skeletal System
- Circulatory System
- Muscular System
- System Integumentary System
- Nervous System
- Excretory System
- Digestive System
- Reproductive System
- Lymphatic System
- Immune System
Note: Mini Projects are assigned directly.
Project Content & Required Information
This project will be done in two parts. A poster and a presentation with an additional visual aid. You MUST include the following in BOTH parts of your project.
- Give an overall sense of the organization and function of the human body systems that has been chosen by the group. You MUST include the following
- A detailed explanation of the organ system’s purpose.
- A detailed explanation of which organs make up the system.
- A detailed explanation of the function of these organs within the system.
- Diagrams and/or illustrations of the system. (cite sources!)
- The relationship of this system to other body systems.
- A detailed explanation of the medical problems / diseases that can be associated with this body system.
- Use at LEAST four sources. Citation in APA format is required (bibme.com). You MUST make sure everything is in your own words! You MUST submit all text used in your handout, poster and in the presentation component to turnitin.com
FAILURE to do this will result in a ZERO for your project!!!!
Part A: The Poster & Handout You need to create a poster of your system, that will be on display for students learning about the systems. Remember YOU are teaching your fellow students about your system! They need to know the information for the test! You also need to create a ONE page handout that contains all of the required information on your system.
Part B: The Presentation & Visual Aids You will be presenting your system to the class. In addition to the poster you must also use one of the following to enhance your presentation. You may select a third to give you bonus points:
- A Video A 3-D Model of Your System (similar to the cell project with a key)
- A Book A PowerPoint
- A Costume
- A Song
- A Poem
- Or Other? (Must be pre-approved)
In addition to your text and reference books.
Here is a list of some websites that may assist you. Also try searching for a specific system using a search engine such as Google or Bing.
- Human Anatomy Online – http://innerbody.com/htm/body.html
- How Stuff Works: The Body Channel – http://health.howstuffworks.com/the-body-channel.html NobelPrize.org : The Immune System Gamehttp://nobelprize.org/educational_games/medicine/immunity/
- Atlas of the Body – http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/category/7140.html
- MEDtropolis – The Virtual Body – http://www.medtropolis.com/VBody.asp
- BodyQuest – http://library.thinkquest.org/10348/ Dr. Koop – http://www.drkoop.com/
- Health Touch – http://www.healthtouch.com/level1/hi_toc.html
- How the Body Works – http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/closet/movies/how_the_body_works_interim.html
- Human Anatomy Online – http://www.innerbody.com/
- Mayo Clinic Health Oasis – http://www.mayohealth.org/
- Medicine – http://galaxy.einet.net/galaxy/Medicine.html
- The Human Body – http://edtech.kennesaw.edu/web/humanbo.html
- Anatomy Laboratory Manual http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/6100/1anatomylabmanual.html